In the previous article, we discussed Montessori philosophy which helps children enhance children’s physical, social-emotional, creative and intellectual development.
And also our Montessori environments support the learning of children from birth to six years old and each age group can learn something different.
There are two age groups: birth to 3 years old, and ages 3 to 6 years old.
Infant/Toddler ( For children ages birth to 3 years)
- Create an environment that is engaging , safe, and nurturing for the child
- Develop coordination and fine motor skills
- Strengthen language and understanding skills
- Offer opportunities for gaining independence in daily tasks
- Improve their self-confidence and trust in their environment
- Assert their new abilities with confidence
Primary (for children ages 3 to 6 years)
- Encourage the development of functional independence, task persistence, and self-regulation
- By communicating clearly and respectfully and providing a safe, natural consequence to promote social development
- Provide material for the development of literacy and mathematical understanding, as well as the refinement of sensory perception
- Provide opportunities to create confidence and creative self-expression by explore imagination
At iKids Montessori Academy, we profoundly believe that all children are competent, capable, curious and rich in potential. We desire to ensure that each and every child in our care is successful by fostering these areas in their daily experiences.
If you're looking for an early childhood education institution or Montessori classrooms in Markham and Richmond Hill, feel free to contact us for more details about the different programs and curriculums that we offer.